Who is Dunsin Oyekan?
Dunsin Oyekan is a Christian contemporary artist who hails from Nigeria. He is proficient in a variety of musical instruments.
He came into the world on November 5, 1985, in the city of Ilorin, which is located in the state of Kwara in Nigeria. Dunsin Oyekan is better known by his nickname, “The Eagle,” which he earned early in his career.
Dunsin Oyekan is the one in charge of organising and directing the Code Red Worship Experience.
Gbadebo Oyekan, Dunsin Oyekan’s father, was a preacher and a pioneer in the Pentecostal movement in Nigeria. Dunsin followed in his footsteps. Additionally, he was the only child that his parents ever had.
What We Know About Dunsin Oyekan’s Education
Dunsin Oyekan obtained his primary and secondary education in Ilorin at a number of prestigious institutions, including the Airforce Nursery and Primary School, the Federal Government College, and the Baptist Model High School.
Following that, he decided to pursue a degree in industrial chemistry at the University of Ilorin, located in Kwara State.
When Dunsin Oyekan was ten years old, he first took up a guitar and started expressing himself musically through that instrument.
What You Should Know About Dunsin Oyekan’s Career
In addition to his work as a music producer, Dunsin Oyekan is a skilled musician, having performed on guitar, keyboard, and drums.
He oversaw the choir at COZA, known as The Avalanche and was in charge of its musical direction for a number of years. In 2016, he released his debut studio album titled “Code Red,” which included a total of 14 tracks.
Over the course of his career, Dunsin Oyekan has put out more than 30 tracks. One of his most successful songs, “Na You,” features American Gospel music great Kim Burrell. He has also performed alongside Tasha Page-Lockhart. Just a few of the many well-known musicians with whom he has shared the stage are Tasha Cobbs, Kurt Carr, Don Moen, Byron Cage, Tye Tribbett, William Murphy, Kim Burrell, Sinach, Tasha Page-Lockhart, Frank Edwards, and Freke Umoh.
Dunsin Oyekan, also known as “The Eagle,” is the man responsible for organising the Code Red Worship Event and The Healing Room Worship Event. Code Red has been held annually for the past nine years in a row, while The Healing Room Worship Event has been held annually for years.
According to Ynaija, Dunsin Oyekan is among Nigeria’s Christian ministry’s top 100 most significant people. This honour was bestowed upon him.
In 2016, Dunsin Oyekan and Kim Burell performed their duet of “Na You” at the gospel concert known as “The Experience,” which takes place annually in Lagos, Nigeria, and is considered to be the largest gospel music festival in all of Africa.
Is Dunsin Oyekan Single or Married?
Before death parted them in 2019, Dunsin Oyekan was happily married to Adedoyin Oyekan, a classmate and sweetheart from the University of Ilorin.
The union has produced two lovely little children.
Dunsin Oyekan has handled his devastating loss with the kind of extraordinary fortitude that only comes from putting one’s confidence in God for future blessings.
Why Dunsin Oyekan Has Been Trending On the Internet
On Saturday, Dunsin Oyekan was travelling to Oyo State when he was involved in a terrible car accident.
The tragedy occurred on the way to Ibadan, the capital of Oyo state, where Dunsin Oyekan and others were planning to minister at a youth programme hosted by Bishop Wale Oke Ministry.
Before ministering at a church on Saturday night, Dunsin discussed the incident, saying that he had napped and then saw the vehicle underneath a trailer when he woke up.
A member of the team apparently had minor injuries, but everyone else made it out okay.
Dunsin Oyekan, a well-known gospel singer, has publicly thanked God for saving his life after he was involved in a car crash.
10 Facts About Dunsin Oyekan
- Dunsin Oyekan, better known as The Eagle, is a Nigerian contemporary Christian singer-songwriter-producer-instrumentalist-recording artist who was born on November 5, 1985.
- Gbadebo Oyekan, Dunsin Oyekan’s father, was a prominent figure in the Nigerian Pentecostal movement and served as a pastor for many years. The couple does not have any other children besides him.
- Dunsin Oyekan’s musical career began when he was just 10 years old, when he picked up the guitar and began to perform.
- Over the course of his career, Dunsin Oyekan has released more than 30 songs. American Gospel music legend Kim Burrell appears on his hit single “Na You.”
- Dunsin Oyekan is one of the 100 Most Influential People in Nigerian Christian Ministry, according to YNaija.
- Dunsin Oyekan attended Airforce Nursery and Primary School, Federal Government College, and Baptist Model High School in Ilorin for his elementary and secondary education, respectively.
- Dunsin Oyekan earned a degree in Industrial Chemistry from the University of Ilorin in the state of Kwara.
- Dunsin Oyekan is the father of two beautiful children thanks to his marriage to Adedoyin Oyekan, who unfortunately passed away.
- Dunsin Oyekan is the brains behind and organiser of both the Healing Room Worship Event and the Code Red Worship Concert.
- Dunsin Oyekan, a famous gospel musician, and his bandmates narrowly avoided death in a terrible car crash on the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway on September 3, 2022. The group was on their way to Ibadan to perform at a youth event hosted by the Bishop Wale Oke Ministry when the tragedy struck.