Mason Mount is a professional footballer from England who now plays for Chelsea in the Premier League and for the England national team. He can play either the offensive or centre midfielder position.
Mason Mount was born on January 10, 1999 in the city of Portsmouth, in the United Kingdom. He started his senior club career with Chelsea, and between 2017 and 2019, he was loaned out to both Vitesse and Derby County.
Mason Mount, who was only 20 years old when he made his senior international debut, was a member of the England side that competed in the UEFA Euro 2020 tournament. In 2017, he led the England National Under-19 Team to victory in the UEFA European Championship for Under-19 tournament.
10 Facts About Mason Mount
- Tony Mount, Mason Mount’s father, played football at a non-league level in the past and went on to coach at various local clubs, notably Havant Town.
- In Waterlooville, Mason Mount received his education at the Purbrook Park School.
- Mason Mount used to play youth soccer in the neighbourhood for Boarhunt Rovers and United Services Portsmouth when he was younger.
- In 2005, he became a player of Chelsea, and in 2017, he was elevated to the club’s senior squad.
- By the end of his time with the Chelsea Academy, Mason Mount had won two FA Youth Cups, the UEFA Youth League, and been named Player of the Year. In the 2016–17 season of the U18 Premier League, he also won with Chelsea.
- Chelsea qualified for the 2020-21 UEFA Champions League with a 2-0 victory over Wolves on the final day of the 2019-20 Premier League season, thanks in large part to Mason Mount’s contributions (he scored the opening goal on a free kick and assisted on the second goal scored by Olivier Giroud).
- Mason Mount won his first championship with Chelsea as they defeated Manchester City 1-0 in the Champions League Final on May 29, 2021. Mount assisted on the game-winning goal scored by Kai Havertz.
- After extra time in the 2021 UEFA Super Cup between Chelsea and Villarreal ended 1-1, Mason Mount scored Chelsea’s fourth penalty, and Chelsea went on to win the shootout 6-5 and claim their second UEFA Super Cup championship.
- Mason Mount has played for the England U-16, U-17, U-18, and U-19 teams. His under-17 national team competed in the 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship. For the 2017 UEFA European Under-19 Championship, he made the cut to play for the U-19s.
- On May 22, 2022, Mason Mount became only the 12th player in Chelsea history to win the player of the season award more than once after being named the club’s player of the season for the second season in a row.