Drawing and painting are two kinds of beautiful art with many differences. Drawing is the ground for painting, but painting is not the basis for drawing. One needs to be very good at drawing to succeed as a painter. This is the significant difference between the two. This writing underlines the disparities between drawing and painting.
What is Drawing?
It is essential to understand that drawing is featured by shading and lines. Drawing is made of various kinds, including line drawing, object drawing, and shade drawing. An individual who draws is described as an artist. Drawing does not require turpentine oil, which is contrary to painting. Crayons, pencils, and charcoal can be employed in a drawing. You do not need a palette while drawing a human statuette or an object. Drawing does not require any time to dry. The drawings done with a pencil can be rubbed and redone quite effortlessly since graphite can be easily wiped off. Drawing does not require the use of brushes. The essential tools used in the drawing have to do with scale and other kinds of measuring equipment.
What is Painting?
Painting has to do with colours and patterns. Painting is made of various kinds, which include painting on canvas, water painting, oil painting on canvas, acrylic painting, and others. An artist can make use of turpentine oil when it comes to painting. One is required to have a palette while painting on canvas with the help of oil colours. Acrylic, oil colours, and other kinds of pigment are utilized in painting. Painting requires enough time to dry. Acrylic painting and oil painting can not be efficiently adjusted or wiped off. In painting, one needs to possess various types of brush with various bristles when it comes to painting. An individual who paints can be described as an artist or a painter. It is also fascinating to understand that there is a trading value for both painting works and drawing. The result of painting possesses a higher trade value than the result from pencil and charcoal drawing. This is one of the causes why painting is regarded to be an extremely costly avocation. The tools used for painting are expensive to purchase when it is compared to drawing tools. It is fascinating to understand that any art exhibition would carry both kinds of artwork, which include painting and drawing. This illustrates that there is an apparent difference between drawing and painting.
Difference Between Drawing and Painting
- Based on their description, drawing involves creating a picture by making lines on paper. Painting, on the other hand, has to do with using a liquid on a surface with the use of a brush.
- Shades and lines feature drawings. Painting, on the other hand, is featured by colours and patterns.
- Drawing is made up of various kinds, which include line drawing, shade drawing, and as well object drawing. Painting has to do with various kinds, including painting on canvas, acrylic painting, watercolour painting, and more.
- Drawing does not require turpentine oil, while painting uses turpentine oil.
- One does not require a palette to draw an object or human figure. Using oil colours is essential to use a palette while painting on canvas.
- When drawing, we can use charcoal, pencil, and crayons. But acrylic oil and other kinds of pigments are required in painting oil colours.
- Pencil drawings can be erased and redone without stress since graphite can be easily wiped off. Oil painting and acrylic painting can not be easily modified or wiped off.
- An individual who draws is described as an artist. An individual who paints or draws can be described as an artist or painter.