MTN is widely regarded as the most successful mobile network operator in Africa. It provides the advantages of a contemporary, connected life to millions of people in Nigeria. You need to educate yourself on how to activate MTN share and sell if you are a subscriber to the service. If you have this knowledge, it will be easier for you to give airtime to the people you care about.
Have you been curious about how to activate your MTN share so that you can sell it? MTN Share is a service that enables you to transfer unused airtime from one MTN customer to another at no additional cost. This service is also referred to as Share ‘N Sell.
How To Activate And Transfer With MTN Share & Sell Service
Are you curious about the MTN airtime sharing process? If that’s the case, don’t worry; this guide will walk you through the process of accomplishing your goal without putting too much stress on yourself.
How To Register For Share & Sell On MTN
It is essential, if you intend to share airtime on the MTN mobile network, that you become familiar with how to activate the Share and Sell feature. Before you can use this service, you need to be a new or existing customer of this network who has either prepaid or postpaid service.
- This indicates that you should have an MTN SIM card that is registered. Additionally, it needs to be inserted into the device that makes up your mobile phone. To find out how to register for MTN Share and Sell, just follow the steps that are provided below.
- The primary step that must be taken before using Share and Sell on MTN is to alter the PIN from its default setting of 0000.
- To accomplish this, send an SMS to 777 containing your Default PIN, new PIN, and new PIN. For example, you could send an SMS to 777 containing the string “0000 1234 1234.”
- Alternately, you can make the change on your phone by dialing the following sequence: *777*Default PIN*New PIN*New PIN#. After that, proceed to click on send or press OK, for example, dial *777*0000*1234*1234#, and then click on send or press OK.
- A confirmation message in the form of a short message service (SMS) will be sent to your phone informing you that the change to your PIN was completed successfully. You can now send airtime to the people you care about using either SMS or USSD to make the transfer.
MTN Share & Sell Via SMS
Here are the quick and easy steps to transfer your phone’s airtime to another phone.
- Send an SMS to 777 that begins with the word transfer, followed by the recipient’s number, the amount, and the PIN. For example, you could send the following: Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234.
- You will be sent a text message (SMS) asking you to verify that you wish to proceed with the transfer.
- Send an SMS to number 777 containing the word “YES” in order to confirm the transaction.
MTN Share & Sell Via USSD Code
You have the option of using a short code rather than the SMS option that was presented earlier in this article in order to transfer airtime.
- Dial *777*recipient’s number*amount*PIN# on your mobile phone, and then click on send or press OK to complete the transaction. For example, dial *777*08031234567*1500*1234#, and then click on send or press OK.
- You’ll get a text message letting you know the transfer went through successfully after it’s completed.
Take note of the following points:
- When you are studying how to transition to MTN Share and Sell, you should keep the following information in the back of your mind at all times.
- Using this service to share airtime does not result in any fees being assessed.
- You will only be able to transfer airtime in amounts denominated in Naira and not kobo; for example, you will be able to transfer 71.00 but not 71.99.
- Single transactions are limited to a minimum of N50 and a maximum of N5,000.
- There is a daily limit of N100,000.00 that can be transferred between a single account or multiple accounts.
- There is no upper limit on the total number of transactions that can be completed in a single day.
- Prepaid accounts will return an error if the requested amount cannot be covered by available airtime. The transaction won’t go through.
- If you are a postpaid customer, the only time you will be able to transfer airtime is when the balance in your account is positive. This means that you will not be able to use this service if your account balance is less than $300.00.