The Yoruba kingdom of Ile-Ife is currently under the leadership of Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, who is known as the traditional ruler or monarch of the kingdom. He is the current Ooni of Ife, which makes him the 51st Ooni to hold that title.
He was born on October 17th, 1974 in Ibadan, which is located in the state of Oyo in Nigeria. In some circles, he is also referred to as Ọjájá II.
His full name is Adeyeye Enitan Babatunde Ogunwusi. His hometown is Ile-Ife, which is located in Osun State in Nigeria.
Prince John Oluropo Ogunwusi and Princess Margaret Wuraola Sidikatu Abegbe Ogunwusi are Oba Ogunwusi’s parents. They are both members of the Royal House of Giesi, which is one of the four royal houses that make up the House of Oranmiyan. In a family of seven children, he is the fifth of the bunch.
The Yoruba monarch has been married three times, and each of those marriages has ended in divorce. It was only lately that he introduced his new Olori, Miriam Anako, to the palace, but it has already become a hot trend on the internet.
10 Facts About Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi
- Oba Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi is the 51st and current Ooni of Ife. He took over from Oba Okunade Sijuwade, who was the 50th Ooni of Ife and died in 2015.
- Oba Ogunwusi is a member of the Royal House of Giesi, one of the four royal families that make up the House of Oranmiyan.
- He was born Prince Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi in Ibadan, Oyo State, to Prince John Oluropo Ogunwusi and Princess Margaret Wuraola Sidikatu Abegbe Ogunwusi.
- In a household with a total of seven children, Oba Ogunwusi is the fifth of those children.
- Oba Ogunwusi attended Subuola Memorial Nursery and Primary School, Ibadan; Loyola College, Ibadan; and St. Peters Secondary School, Ile-Ife, for his elementary and secondary education. He received his diploma from The Polytechnic, Ibadan.
- Oba Ogunwusi is affiliated with two professional organisations in Nigeria: the Institute of Directors and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. Besides that, he works in accounting as an Associate Technician.
- Separation from Adebukola Bombata, whom Oba Ogunwusi wed in 2008, was finalised in 2016. His 2016 marriage to the Benin princess Zaynab Otiti Obanor ended in divorce in 2018. He married Prophetess Morenike Naomi Oluwaseyi in October 2018; the couple divorced in December 2021.
- In Ibadan, when he and Omolara Olatubosun were still young adults, Oba Ogunwusi welcomed their first child, Adeola Aanuolouwapo Ogunwusi. Her birthday is May 24, 1994.
- In September of 2022, Oba Ogunwusi wed Mariam Anako, a woman who would become his Olori. The wedding was a smash hit after it was posted online.
- The Yoruba people look to Oba Ogunwusi, their spiritual leader, to pray to God and the Orisa on their and the world’s behalf during annual festivals like Olojo.